Tuesday 1 July 2008

The joys of summer

Never thought i'd say it, not on the first day of July anyway, but Thank God It's Raining! I knew the hayfever would come in at some point! I've been keeping it at bay with drugs (there must be some natural alternative, any ideas?) and just about surviving, until today. Must have been the wind strirring it up but now i feel like my eyeballs are bulging and i've sneezed half my brains out, something certainly isn't working properly up there! I've soaked myself in the bath and have finally stopped sneezing (for now) so now all i have to do is replace all the fluid that has escaped from my nose, apply some vaseline to said nose and tuck myself into bed for an early night, cats willing.

5 comments:

Little Veg Patch said...

I dont suffer from hayfever but can imagine how rotten it must be. If you do a google search there are quite a few herbs that are useful, might be worth a try.

Frog in the Field said...

Buy some local honey...must be local, will get you in tune with local pollen.

Buddhist in Training said...

I have heard that frog, though mus admit haven't seen any, will have to check out the local farmer's market. Have just ordered a 'Hayband' which works with acupressure. Will let you know how it goes!

Gone Back South said...

Oh dear I have sympathy because my daughter gets hayfever. It does seem to be easing off a little now as the season progresses. Hope you feel better soon. Nice to meet you by the way!

Unknown said...

I am an acupuncturist, based in Leeds, and I invented the Qu-Chi acupressure band as a drug-free, way to relieve the symptoms of hayfever and allergic rhinitis. we did 4 years of clinical trials before launching this year and the feedback has been amazing. for £13 it is already changing the way people think about the power of complimentary medicine.